So here are the top ten things I wish I had known before I started my blog…because the road to where my blog is now was rather bumpy and frustrating, with several meltdowns along the way and the severe possibility that I was going to just delete my whole blog about 4 months into starting it.
- Be prepared for a lengthy set-up of your site. You’ll need to know what you’re looking for with your theme…how do you want your blog to be laid out? Do you want to link to other social media sites?
- Take your own photos. Sure, sometimes you want to insert an appropriate meme, but just pick up your darn camera and snap some photos yourself! Stop using Pinterest and Google searches!
- You will probably change you blog’s name. That was a huge one for me, since I changed from The Art Of Superficiality to The Glitter Mirror and had to change ALL of my social media sites and my blog’s logo and web address. Tears were shed but I do not regret it one little bit.
- Getting followers will take some time. Spread the word on social media sites and eventually they will turn up and start reading and clicking that FOLLOW button.
- Don’t get discouraged. Everyone has days when it feels like nothing is going right…just take a breather. Don’t throw away what you started. It’s easier to take a break than to have to start over completely from scratch.
- This is a time consuming endeavor to take on. Be prepared to sit down at LEAST two times a week and work on your blog by writing, checking your blog’s social media accounts and adding to them, and working on your blog’s theme a little bit at a time.
- Don’t narrow your blog topics to just one thing. You can see that I cover a ton of topics…makeup, fashion, fandoms, tech, home décor, lifestyle topics…it makes for a more interesting pool for lots of different people to draw from.
- Don’t be scared to ask for advice from a trusted friend, or even….YOUR MOTHER. Sometimes your mom has some nifty insight.
- Read other people’s blogs. Don’t have those blinders on…follow other people, read their blogs, see what they’re up to. Don’t copy them, but learn from them.
- BE YOURSELF. Don’t try to be like every other blogger out there. You’ll just get lost in the sea of bloggers.
So there are my top ten points that I wish I’d known! If you are a new blogger, or someone interested in starting your own blog, please know that blogging is a wonderful outlet, and is very rewarding, but it does take a lot of time and dedication.
Please remember to LIKE and follow my blog and it’s corresponding social media accounts.
Thanks for stopping by!
Until Next Time
Peace, Love, and Glitter
❤ XOXO ❤