Wow….I’m surprised I got nominated for another blogging award….I’m in shock! Wow! Just wow! A huge thank you to thestylecoordi for nominating me! Ya’ll need to go subscribe to her blog! Just click the link BELOW!!!
So the award I was nominated for is the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award:)
So here are the RULES!
Thank the blogger who nominated you & link back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate seven bloggers who you feel deserve the award.
That’s simple enough, am I right?
Here are the questions that I was asked to answer.
1) What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
The Glitter Mirror is all about living life like a mirror, and reflecting all the beauty and happiness in the world (and in my mind, happiness is like glitter.) Be a light in the world that reflects all the happiness you can!
2) What’s one clothing/beauty item you can’t live without?
Well I’m gonna pick one clothing item and one beauty item since I am an indecisive person who can’t make her mind up for anything in the world. So one clothing item I could not live without is my Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Pushup Bra. . . . it’s so comfy. And the one beauty item I couldn’t live without would be my Covergirl Clean Concealer, it just makes me feel nice to hide all the redness on my face.
3) List three things you like about yourself and why (physically or characteristically).
(1) I love my eyes. They have an almond sort of shape to them that’s sort of different than my friends’ eyes. They also change color in different lights. So in bright fluorescent lights, they come across as copper, but outside in bright sunlight they look red (Twilight vampire anyone?). But if it’s dark in a room they look brown with red flecks. (2) My nerdy side. I can get so excited over Harry Potter and The Legend of Zelda that it’s not even funny. (3) My tough intuition. I air on the side of caution when dealing with most people, which in some cases makes me seem a tad unfriendly, but I’m just busy reading my intuition and figuring out if that person is someone I should trust. Nine times out of ten, my intuition is correct. For example I met a “buddy” of my boyfriend’s who was staying with him….I couldn’t stand the guy and told him point-blank that he made me uncomfortable and that I wanted him to go away. I later learned he stole a ton of stuff out of my boyfriends house.
4) Current song you’re obsessed with?
The Hanging Tree from The Hunger Games. “Are you, are you, coming to the tree?”
5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I see myself as a stay at home mom who works from home with a successful income producing blog while also selling either Mary Kay or Avon makeup.
6) What are some things on your bucket list?
Some things on my bucks list….(1) Go to Cornwall, England (2) go to the beach this summer (3) build a collection of MAC makeup (4) dye my hair blonde (5)buy a pickup truck, preferably a Ford Raptor, white with Pink rims and grill (6) afford to be able to go get a pedicure every few weeks (7) move to the deep South
7) Name one resolution you have for 2015.
One resolution for this year is for me to find a job I love and stick with it (or at least not get laid off due to budget cuts)
8) Tips for anyone starting a blog?
Start simple in the design area–meaning, pick a blog theme that is a simple layout and doesn’t require a ton of technical customization, and pick a BROAD subject to blog about, so you don’t run out of fodder!
9) Name one celebrity/idol/character you would trade closets with.
Ya’ll probably don’t know about the Gypsy Sisters on TLC…they aren’t really celebs, but they have a style that is pretty close to mine, only with a lot more bling!!! I’d totally trade closets with them in a heartbeat.
10) Favorite quote/phrase/saying?
“Once you’ve met someone you never really forget them. It just takes awhile for their memories to return.“
~From the movie Spirited Away~
So those were my answers! Now….it’s time for me to list my questions.
1. What is your favorite clothing line?
2. What is your favorite room in your house?
3. What is one item in your closet that you never wear, but still are holding onto?
4. What was one of your favorite memories as a child?
5. If you had one million dollars, what would you do with it?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. What is your favorite movie genre?
8. Do you have any bloggers who have inspired you?
9. Do you prefer shopping in-store or online?
10. If you had to collect one of these items, which would you collect? (Purses, Earrings, Shoes, Necklaces, or Bracelets.)
Now to tag the seven blogs I feel deserve this award. NOTE: A few might be repeats from my Liebster award post!
So there you go! That concludes this Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award! Thank you all for reading, and thanks again for the nomination!
Until next time!
Peace, Love, and Glitter!
❤ XOXO ❤